... only promoting 8th graders admitted to dance ... Last Day of School Protocol for 8th Grade Students: ... 8th Grade Promotion/Activities Information ...
Anna McKenney Intermediate School 8th Grade Promotion and Activities Information
Promotion and Activities Requirements for Participation in Promotion and Related Activities
1. Students must be enrolled as a full-time student during the entire 4th Quarter. 2. Students must maintain cumulative GPA of 2.0 for the 8th grade year. 3. Students may not be on suspension or recommended for expulsion during promotion activities. 4. Students must be in attendance at least 85% of the enrolled school days during 4th Quarter.
Promotion Fieldtrip: o Where: Golfland Sunsplash o Date: Monday, June 9, 2014 o Time: 8:15 A.M. – 5:30 P.M. Students will call when we return
1. Lunch, soda and snack are included in the ticket price. Students should bring additional money if they plan on playing mini-golf, laser tag, go carts or arcade games.
2. Chaperones: Approximately 10 – 15 parent chaperones will be needed for the fieldtrip. • Must be fingerprinted, have current TB test, and on parent volunteer list through the District Office at parent expense.
Cost of Promotion and Fieldtrip:
Cost includes: fieldtrip, bus/insurance, promotion gown. Payments can be made Monday-Thursday in the quad at break with Mrs. Campbell until May 31st.
➢ $60.00 paid by March 31st ➢ $65.00 paid by April 1st-30th ➢ $70.00 paid by May 1st-31st ➢ $70.00 paid by May 31st and FINAL day to pay! Promotion Ceremony Information: Promotion Practice: Thursday, June 12, 2014 (during school hours) at Marysville High School Stadium. Students will be released from Marysville High Stadium at 11:30 A.M.
❖ Promotion Date: Thursday, June 12, 2014 ❖ Time: 7:30 P.M. (Students arrive by 7:00 P.M.) ❖ Location: Marysville High School Stadium
o Date: Friday, June 6, 2014 o Time: 7:00-9:30 p.m. o Location: McKenney Cafeteria
Special Notes: Students will not be allowed to leave dance once they enter; only promoting 8th graders admitted to dance (NO GUESTS); students must be picked up promptly at 9:30 p.m.; all city ordinances apply.
Promotion and Dance Dress Requirements:
1. Promotion Attire: • Girls: Dresses, skirts, dress pants, appropriate blouse/top. • Boys: Dress pants, collared shirt, tie (optional) • Gowns will only be ordered for students who have met the promotion requirements listed above. • We discourage wearing high heels with spikes. Heels will sink in the lawn when walking in to be seated. • Students are not to carry or wear extra items such as flowers, balloons, leis, etc… during the promotion.
2. Dance Attire: Semi-formal • Boys: slacks, collared shirt, dress shoes, ties (recommended but optional) • Girls: dresses, skirts, dress pants • Dress code is in effect. The only exception is dresses with spaghetti straps are allowed (NO STRAPLESS dresses).
Last Day of School Protocol for 8th Grade Students:
• Students are released at 11:30 A.M. on the last day of school, Friday, June 13, 2014. • Students must leave campus immediately at this time and may not return, or be on Kynoch, or Marysville High School campuses during school hours on that day. • ALL school RULES apply to students on the last day of school. Failure to follow rules will result in consequences being carried over to the High School—including suspension.
Parent Responsibilities & Recommendations for a Successful 8th Grade Promotion:
1. Ensuring Student Meets Promotion Requirements Early & Often! (this is the first and most important responsibility):
← Check student’s planner ← Have student get a Friday grade check ← USE AERIES!!! Online access to your student’s grades at all times. If you need directions and parent logon information please call the office at 741-6187. ← Speak with teachers for needed support and for specific information regarding grades in classes. ← Don’t wait until the last minute before promotion in an attempt to raise grades. This often is impossible.
2. Dance Planning Committee: a. Parents are responsible for all phases of the planning including decorations, theme, refreshments, set-up, and clean- up of the promotion dance. To accomplish this, a chairperson for this committee is needed. b. Budget: Expenses for the event are the responsibility of the parents and/or parent groups. The Associated Student Body will ONLY cover the cost of the DJ. All other items need to be paid for by the parent fundraising groups. c. Chaperones—NEEDED for the dance. • Must be fingerprinted, current TB test, and on parent volunteer list through the District Office at parent expense. d. Chairperson for Committee: • Responsibilities—establish meeting dates and times and solicit volunteers to help plan a memorable evening for students. • If you are interested in being the chairperson for this committee please complete the form below and return to the school.
3. Stage Decorating Committee a. Parents are responsible for all phases of the planning, set- up, and take-down of the promotion stage. To promote this, a chairperson for this committee is needed. b. Budget: Expenses for the event are the responsibility of the parents and/or parent groups. c. Chairperson for Committee: • Responsibilities—establish meeting dates and times and solicit volunteers to help plan a memorable evening for students.