Civil Rights Internet Scavenger Hunt. 1. ... Which of the Little Rock Nine was the first African American to earn a diploma at Little Rock Central High School?
Civil Rights Internet Scavenger Hunt 1. Civil War Amendments & Jim Crow Write the three Civil War Amendments and a brief description of each one: ____th Amendment - ____th Amendment - ____th Amendment - What was the purpose of the Jim Crow laws?
2. Not A Funny Situation! What is the title of the cartoon? Why do you think this title was given to the cartoon?
3. Separate and Not Equal Under “What was Jim Crow?” write three examples of segregation that you did NOT know before we began the unit: A. B. C. Check out the “Louisiana Literacy Test” and answer as many of the questions you can. What are your thoughts on this “test?”
4. Plessy v. Ferguson What three words are used to describe Plessy v. Ferguson?
5. W.E.B. DuBois Fights Back! What organization did Dubois help found in 1909?
Based on what you already know, what is the purpose of this organization?
6. The Supreme Court Overturns Plessy v. Ferguson What Supreme Court case overturned Plessy v. Ferguson?
What did this case end?
7. The "Mother" of the Civil Rights Movement Examine the photos of Rosa Parks. Identify any two famous people photographed with Ms. Parks.
8. Montgomery Bus Boycott Victory Find the “flyer” that was given on the eve of the victory. Write about one “specific” suggestion that stands out the most to you.
9. Little Rock Which of the Little Rock Nine was the first African American to earn a diploma at Little Rock Central High School?
10. Students Sit for Freedom What was the name of the store that the Greensboro Four began their sit-in?
How many protesters showed up on the sixth day?
11. Time Magazine Honors Dr. King How did MLK write his famous “Letter from a Birmingham Jail?”
12. Civil Rights Act of 1964 What was Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
13. Voting Rights Act of 1965
This piece of legislation (law) outlawed what two types of attempts to limit blacks from voting?
14. Black Panthers
What was the difference between attempts by MLK and the role of the Black Panthers?
15. Cesar Chavez & UFW What did the farm workers win?
16. Indian Civil Rights Act of 1968 Why was this law controversial?
17. Tinker v. Des Moines What did the Court “hold” on concerning Tinker v. Des Moines?
18. N.O.W. What was N.O.W.’s goal since 1966?
What amendment did N.O.W. offer support?